January 10, 2013
On Wednesday, Jan. 15, the Town of Colonie Small Business Advisory Council will host "Starting and Growing Your Business in Colonie" at the Meeting House in the Crossings Park, Albany Shaker Road from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The evening will be broken up into three sections with a short scheduled break in between each for face-to-face time with presenters. There is no charge to attend. Light refreshments will be served.
I. “So, you want to go into business…” Topics will include: creating a business plan, entrepreneurial classes, mentoring opportunities, understanding demographics and municipal regulations
II. Getting others to back your idea financially Topics will include: the Community Loan Fund, NYBDC, finding grants, money available through the Chambers, funding mechanisms at the State level and understanding the Town of Colonie’s Local Development Corporation and Industrial Development Agency
III. Staying in Business Topics will include: the value of a Chamber membership and protecting yourself against white-collar-crime
- Paula Mahan, Supervisor, Town of Colonie
- Janet Tanguay, Entrepreneurship Manager, Entrepreneur Boot Camp, Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber
- Tom Evans, Volunteer, Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Erica Choi, Senior Area Manager, US Business Administration
- John Skrobela, Business Advisor, UAlbany School of Business and its Small Business Development Center
- Robert Scardamalia, President, RLS Demographics
- Joe Landy, Senior Lending Officer, Community Loan Fund
- Jim Conroy, Senior Vice President, New York Business Development Corporation
- Marilyn Smith, Business Liaison, Congressman Tonko’s Office
- Kevin Catalano, Loan Officer, Albany Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Joe LaCivita, Director of Planning and Economic Development,Town of Colonie
- Arnie Will, Consolidated Funding Application, NYS Empire State Development
- Mark Eagan, President and CEO, Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Tom Nolte, President, Colonie Chamber of Commerce
- Steve Heider, Police Chief, Town of Colonie and Town of Colonie, Small Business Advisory Council Members
To make a reservation, call the TOC Planning Department at (518) 783-2741.