Irene floods Schenectady County
Schenectady County felt the brunt of a surging Mohawk River on Monday, Aug. 29, as flooding consumed parks, homes and roadways.
Vischer Ferry Power Dam Photos
A worker at the Vischer Ferry Dam checks debris on the spillway on Tues. The New York Power Authority is watching the Mohawk river dam for possible failure. The dam is connected to Lock 7 of the Barge Canal on the Schenectady County side and a power authority hydro project on the Saratoga County the other.
Stockade after Irene flooding
Stockade Historic District residents clean up flood damage after Tropical Storm Irene left the area and floodwater receded. The remnants of debris from the flood could be seen throughout Riverside Park in the Stockade on Friday, Sept. 2, as nearby residents piled up damaged items outside their home.
Irene smashes through Saratoga County
Irene's wind and rain caused widespread damage Sunday in Saratoga County. At the peak, over 30,000 households were without power in the County. Flooding kept officials and local fire departments busy throughout the day.
More like this story
- Portion of Vischer Ferry Power Dam monitored
- CBA vs Saratoga boys high school football - Photo Gallery
- Shaker downs Saratoga in Boys Basketball. Pictures from the game: Photo Gallery
- CBA downs Ballston Spa - Photo Gallery
- Guilderland nips Colonie in high school football section 2 playoff thriller - photo gallery